This position has been filled. Thank you to all who expressed an interest.
We are currently seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced individual to be our new Boutique & Gallery Manager.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, individual with strong communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to pivot from one task to another easily.
Leadership, teamwork, honesty, and kindness are keystones here. We look for those qualities in ourselves, our community, and our co-workers.
About One Lupine Fiber Arts
One Lupine, founded in 2002, is a company focused on celebrating the best that American makers and micro-businesses have to offer. Deep roots in our community combine with our on-site fiber studio to create a truly unique experience for our customers and our staff. Our mission is to show case artists and independent makers across the country, and to educate ourselves and our customers about their work and process. We collaborate as a team to select product lines and pieces that will appeal to our customers, and will tell the story of art, fashion, and making in America today.
A Day in Our Life
A typical day in the One Lupine Boutique & Gallery may include working with artists and vendors to select, and maintain an appropriate inventory of clothing, pottery, jewelry or cards, or any other aspect of our inventory. It may also include concentrated time photographing work and posting it to our web site or one of our social media pages, along with a number of other tasks.
We pride ourselves on working closely with customers to help them to understand our product lines, learn about artists, meet their purchasing needs, and provide a positive and warm retail experience.
Our look is our brand. The Boutique Manager is tasked with maintaining a well merchandised, clean, vibrant, and professional retail environment that results in a positive customer experience and maximum sales. Personal presentation is important, and an interest in fashion is preferred. We strive for excellent working relationships with all staff, and the development of strong team skills. The Boutique Manager answers directly to the owner, while operating as part of the team.
The Boutique Manager is responsible for working with the owner, and the rest of the team in the following ways:
~ maintain a presence on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram
~ photographing work for all platforms
~ creating, and developing our monthly newsletter
~ discovering and researching new product lines
~ attending trade shows as a co-buyer with the owner
~ managing online sales
~scheduling/supervising part-time staff
~covering any area of our shops that requires assistance
While each member of the staff has specific areas of responsibility, it is teamwork that makes us successful and keeps us moving forward.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Operating the POS system
· Processing/shipping for online sales
· Cash-out and basic knowledge of the accounting system
· Provide back-up for the owner and other staff
· Ongoing professional development to enhance skills in sales, merchandising, and management.
· Cleaning/maintenance of store/office/staffroom/storefront (shared responsibility)
· Opening and closing protocols which include placement of flags and signage (lifting), as well as snow removal when necessary.
· Develops and maintains professional relationships that reflect courtesy, civility, and mutual respect
· Performs other reasonably related duties as needed
· Previous retail (boutique or similar) sales experience. We are specifically looking for someone familiar with independent micro-business environments, who has experience with higher end inventories.
· College degree preferred
· Experience with POS systems, QuickBooks or other accounting soft wear
· Desire to work in an independent micro-business environment
· Ability to work well in a multi-faceted work environment, to pivot to new tasks and to evolve with the job
· Ability to engage with and educate customers and to close sales
· A personal aesthetic and appreciation for beautiful things
· Ability to work Saturdays and some holidays
· Positive professional and personal references- three required
· Complete a positive background check
· There is a one-month probationary period
· The training period will last between 2-6 months.
· Pay is commensurate with experience
Serious applicants only. Please send your letter of introduction, resume, references and any supplementary information to email@example.com and include "Application" in the subject line.
· Regular schedule (some exceptions may apply)
· Dynamic work is an array of areas
· Paid time off
· Opportunities for personal and professional development
· Working in an ethically minded company which values sustainability, responsibility, craft, quality, & kindness
· The opportunity to be part of a small team of creative individuals